Friday, September 21, 2012

September 20, 2012

This morning I woke up feeling a little chilly, snuggling under the covers to keep warm, then driving Emma to school, I noticed the leaves are starting to change color - can you believe fall is almost here already?  I love the cool temperatures in the morning and at night - at last we can turn the AC off and breathe some good fresh air!  But it is a little sad that our summer has come to an end. 

Such a strange feeling day, feeling happy about the cooler temperatures and seeing my girls first thing in the morning - greeted with their happy smiles and snuggles. Then dropping Emma off at school I got a little choked up AGAIN seeing her so happy to go to class, wash her hands and get started with her day, not looking back to see me, just moving on - I just love how she's adapted to her new routine and looks forward to her Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Anxious as my Kungs is in hospital waiting to have a small procedure done to help with blood flow in his good leg, in hopes they don't have to amputate it.   Relief that our kitchen update is coming together and almost done, my hands are pretty much healed now and I have 2 more weeks of a heavily restricted diet (which I will admit I've broken once or twice, maybe 3 times).  Always things going on, but right now I just want to send good vibes and prayers to my Kungs in hopes that his small procedure goes well and doesn't have to endure any further complications or pain.  Also to give my Pops strength too as she goes through all of this stress and worry, not easy on an elder person.

While driving home from dropping Emma at school I thought I best give a little update on little Addison before summer comes to an official end.  I've been so bad with this.  Since I last blogged about her, she was 9, then 10, now almost 11 months old!
I said to myself I'd be good about her updates and wouldn't be that neglecting mom that gives Addison the second child syndrome complex.

10 months old
Addi, still so different to her sister, a feisty little thing, always on the move, cheeky, talkative and can bring on the tears so fast - but when I see those fake tears I can't help but melt and just pick her up to wipe those tears away.  Forever clingy onto my leg, always wanting to be carried by me, even if daddy is carrying her. 

She's developed so much since the last time I gave an update.  She's feeding herself spoonfuls of yoghurt and  pureed fruit (I can't believe this child didn't like purees in the beginning, only chunks of food, and now loves the purees - so backward).  She loves to feed herself by hand too, so much easier for me as I can put everything on the food tray and just leave her while I see to other things - she's such a loud eater, you can hear her chews and sucking as she eats without any teeth - quite funny actually.  She'll shake her head, no-no, if her mouth is full and you try feed her another spoonful of food.  And now when she's had enough to eat, she'll say or sound, "All Done" and has started to use the sign for all done which looks more like a clap.
She has also started to sign "more" - which looks like she's just happy and waving her hands.  The things only a mothers knows, hehe!


So from crawling, she's not only pulling herself up, but cruising and at times letting go of things to stand for a few seconds on her own.  She's using her walker more and more.  Can put things into and take things out of containers, she understands the concept.  Even with the second child it's mind blowing how quick they learn.  I think I'm more blown away by the fact that she's learnt all this on her own, I haven't given her half as much attention as I did with Emma to help her reach her milestones. 
I do know that Addison hasn't yet accomplished a lot of things that Emma was able to at her age, but it's funny how it's not such a huge worry as it was with the first - ensuring that they can do what the books say.  To be honest I haven't look at any books about developments since Addison.  I'm definitely more low key with Addi - poor child, hope it's not a bad thing.

trying to climb up everything
Addison loves the stairs, crawling up the stairs with so much confidence now - actually when she's ready for bed, she'll start making her way up.  Other times she'll knows she's not allowed but will still look back at me and smile...like it's a game.  She still takes a break now and again, not realising she can't just sit back.  There are days when Addison makes it to the stairs while I'm in the kitchen and I just hear Emma, "I got you Addi, I got you"  and I quickly run to see whats happening and Emma is spotting Addi up the stairs with her little hands by Addi's butt - like she'd really catch her - but oh so sweet to see Emma's caring ways.  When they reach the top of the stairs Emma will pull Addi by the arm and say, come on up Addi - Addi just smiles.
I love how every time Addi's face lights up when she see's or hears her big sister - so much love and admiration it feels.  The excitement in Addi's squeals when Emma jumps and does silly things to make her laugh.  The conversations they have at the dinner table just by making funny sounds and copying each other....too funny, they really feed off each other.


I cannot believe Addi is going to be a year in a couple of months.  Time has really flown with her.


Well thats it for now....definitely more updates to come....

Daddy and his girl at Jordan Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment