Thursday, September 6, 2012

2nd Day of Preschool

Emma's 2nd day at preschool this week and she was so good!  We made sure to leave early and took a slow drive to school - so slow and relaxed that mommy missed the road to turn into the school.  Emma noticed the school behind us and said, "My school!".  Oops....so I carried on driving until I could find a good place to turn around, as I'm driving Emma was saying, "Mommy, go back, go back!"  I told her I wasn't concentrating and was going to turn around.
When I finally turned around she said, "Mommy wasn't concentrating!"  Clearly she wanted to go to school today. 

When we got to school she was eager to get out the car, we were still a bit early and the doors only open at 9am, so we waited around until.  Walking to her class, Emma said, I want to go to my classroom.  So we went upstairs, gave kisses, dropped Emma's snacks in the snack box, gave the teacher the pot plant we had to buy (Emma was excited to show this to Miss Jarin), and then hung up Emma's backpack.  After that Emma walked straight into her classroom and didn't even say goodbye!  I got all choked up and wanted to unleash the tears but I kept walking thinking...My little girl is getting so big, she's doesn't need me anymore!!!!  Maybe she doesn't love me as much as I think!!  haha, silly thought I know.

But still, huge milestone it feels, it's so relieving and sad at the same time, that she's comfortable in her school and with her teachers and doesn't always have to have me by her side, she's becoming so independent.

Now we have some Addison and Me time....got home just intime to put her down for nap, and I get some quiet time to do......shoo...so many things I can do....eat breakfast, see what issues they're talking about on Dr Phil while eating (I can't believe I just put this on my blog - I am not a fan of this show), put on washing, make a few phone calls and then blog some.....

This quiet time is nice - although short lived, as now Miss Addison is up and we get to have some one on one time.....duty calls.....

No comments:

Post a Comment