Over Easter we had my cousin Kerwin, his wife Janine and daughter Ruby visit. Such a great time had by all, good bonding time and catch up time! We ate way too much! Good times, good memories! Always good to have family around and the house full.
![]() |
| Easter Sunday |
So Emma and Ruby had a blast together. Obviously had their challenging moments, but we'd think there was something wrong with them if they didn't.
Playing dress up and going on hikes in their bikinis and backpacks on their backs, going on a plane ride with Kerwin as pilot and a blow up seat as their seat which they'd bounce up and down on (bad turbulance), playing in the tent I made and kicking Addi out saying, "No babies allowed!" Eventually Ruby allowed babies, but Emma still stuck to the original rule! Oh boy! Playing Doctor Doctor, with Janine and I as patients.....just a few of the fun things they got up to.
We went to a few parks and museums, but with the way they played at home outings weren't really necessary, so great watching and hearing them together. Always interesting to watch Ruby and see whats in store with Emma as she approaches 4!
So why I titled this post as "Mission Accomplished!!!" One night we were playing board games, Candyland being one of them. When I packed away the pieces the green and yellow game piece were missing. I found the green one hiding behind our giraffe, but could not find the yellow one. I asked the girls if they knew where it was, but neither acknowledged me. So I left it, although it really bugged me that a piece was missing. So the following day I asked Ruby where it was, she chose to run away (huge giveaway that they were up to no good with this game piece) when I asked Emma and she said she didn't know, she did mention something about tying the skipping rope around it and throwing it around...so I thought okay this piece has been thrown away or something, or may be down an air vent.
So the past few days while packing away mixed up toys and pieces of games and tidying house I kept my eyes open for this yellow piece. I've checked every handbag, every toybox... nothing. Tonight I asked Emma again if she knew where this marker was, trying to trick her into telling me. She told me again about the skipping rope, so I asked where the skipping rope was, she said in the toybox, I asked if the piece would be there, she said no it's downstairs. I eventually asked Emma to show me where this piece was. She asked for the flashlight and we went on an adventure to find this frigging yellow piece. She did say they put it somewhere where we would not find it, but still shone the flashlight around and told me to look through the toys in the toybox (I did find something else i was looking for, so was worth looking in again), under the dresser, under the bookshelf.....basically sending me on a wild goose chase! Eventually Emma says we must go downstairs, I said no, as I thought it was a delay tactic before bed time and she was leading me nowhere, not giving up on the hiding place ! I knew this piece was somewhere! So after tucking Emma into bed I looked once again downstairs.....I start looking down the vents in the living room, turning my vases upside down, just incase they hid it in there, and lo and behold I look behind one of our bookshelves and there it was!!! Mission Accomplished!
I went upstairs and showed Emma my find, her response..."Why did you find it? You weren't meant to find it" I felt bad that I found it, but she didn't get upset about it!
A little scary that these girls can keep a secret at such a young age! Should we be worried??
Up to no good but rather amusing!


No comments:
Post a Comment