Don't you just love it when you catch a glimpse of the love shared between your children?
Just the other day I caught a glimpse and it brought such a smile to my face.
Now as you may know Emma is not a hugger, she used to be, but then almost got strangled by her best friend Ella who was a big hugger and scared the life out of Emma, so whether it was that or just that she doesn't like it, who knows....
I know Emma loves Addi and genuinely cares for her, but the times she shouts at Addi and wants her out the way, it makes you wonder....
My cousin, his wife and daugther, flew back to California and we got home from the airport. Emma was about to go potty and Addi followed. Emma usually shouts to tell me to take Addi away, as she wants privacy when she goes to potty. So I heard some "No Addi, No!!!!!!" and I look to see Addi is holding onto Emma's waist and just not letting go. I look at this scenario and I smile realizing what Addi was doing. Addi was trying to hug Emma. I told this to Emma, that Addi was in fact hugging her and not pulling or tugging at her, when Emma realized this she calmed down and then embraced Addi too. It was the sweetest thing. Of course I had to ask them to redo this a couple of times to capture footage as proof they really do love each other. It was great to see Emma encouraging Addi to hug her.
After that, Emma went to potty, I asked if I had to take Addi out the bathroom so she could have her privacy, Emma said, "No, she can stay" and closed the door. The two of them were laughing in the bathroom and next thing I hear Emma talking to Addi as she was helping to wash and dry Addi's hands. They both walk out with hug smiles, Emma guiding Addi along - Just Beautiful. As Addi dashed off to the living room, I pulled Emma aside and just thanked her for being such a great big sister and to remind her how much Addi really loves her and looks up to her, to which Emma responded, "You're welcome mom!" Love and Politeness!!! I was thrilled!!!
The afternoon carried on like this, Emma helping Addi on the couch, Addi fell and Emma ran to help her up! I was thinking, what did these girls drink?
Usually we have more screaming because Addi is always getting in the way of Emma.....so these few hours of no screaming and shouting was like running through an open field of daisies!
We might have Ruby to thank for this, as Ruby would show lots of love and patience toward Addison during her visit.
Still a few years till they really understand just how important they are to each other and how they need each other - there is hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment