Saturday, October 2, 2010

Row, Row, Row

This video was taken a while back. Em enjoys singing Row, Row, Row your boat. While chatting on skype the one day with Tash and Justin, they gave me incentive to teach this song to Emma.

Well not too long after, Em loved the song, and when I mentioned it, she would get into position, grab my hands and start pushing and pulling her arms, not moving her body back and forth. A few weeks later, we were sitting in her room reading a few books, when Em stood up against the glider, started pushing it back and forth and sang, "Row, Row Row", actually saying "Row, Row, Row". Another moment when I was lost for words and just beaming with excitement and pride. I was wondering how she knew to push the glider and sing the song, but I realised there were some days when I would just hold Em and rock in the glider, singing the song.

Now Em sings the song whenever she feels, and she finds actions to go with song, like rolling her cup back and forth on the floor, standing against a chair, or any object and rock back and forth, when I'm sitting she'll swing my legs side to side, or swivel the office chair side to side and sing. Just so cute how she associates the song to different things or actions. And at the end of the song there usually is a huge applause.

I didn't manage to get all of Emma's actions in this video unfortunately, just her singing, a little rocking and her gorgeous smile just for daddy.... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment