Monday, August 16, 2010

Happenings over the week and weekend

This weekend was a pretty relaxing one, getting the house ready for our visitors (Aunty Peggy and family arrive tomorrow and Nix arrives on Thursday night!) and just hanging out with Emma.

Saturday morning I went for a haircut, during that time Rod got to spend some one on one with Emma and took her to the Marbles Museum.  I've been wanting to check out this musuem for a while now.  I thought for a change Rod could experience one of Emma's first reactions.  She's been getting so excited seeing new things these days, squealing, pointing, making Oo Oo sounds.  This place was maybe a little too old for her, but none the less there were sections she could enjoy, like a huge ball pit.  Emma was quite excited coming out of the museum, the funniest though was while Rod was telling me about what they did,  Emma kept looking at me and smiling, and had this look on her face like, you look different mom, do something new to your hair?? 

During the week I got together with Reed and Emilia, met for lunch and then let the girls play at the Kidzone, or more let Emma play, as Emilia is still a little young for this playground at the shopping mall.
Emma loves this, "paddle wall", she'll spin the wooden blocks continuously.  Emilia took interest in this and tried to touch these moving blocks.  I had to tell Emma to be gentle, so not to catch Emilias hands.  After a while Emma slowed her spinning, put her hand where Emilia had her hand and almost guided Emilia trying to teach her how to spin the blocks.  It was too cute. 


Emma's starting to say words that we ask her to say, or more like she makes a sound that sounds like the word we just said.  While driving home from the hairdresser and museum it sounded like Emma said "Apple", so I repeated the word and she said it back, more like Aaa-Boo, she continued to do this 3 more times after I said the word, and then again today.  Later that day we went to the mall , it was just Emma and I, we were waiting for the elevator, while waiting I was explaining to Emma that we were going up.  When the elevator arrived, Emma said, "up".  Coincidence?
Then this morning we were reading books and we saw a "Turtle", when I said this, Emma made a sound that that sounded similar "durtle", she repeated this about two times after.  She's used to the word, as I point them out in her blow up pool.  Can't believe my baby is "talking".

This afternoon we spent some time at Annie and Emile.  Emile grilled us some steaks on the BBQ, it was great.  Annie has visited a few times, so Emma has taken a liking to her.  Quite sweet seeing Emma put her arms out and be willing to play with other people.  We were trying to "show off" Emmas talents, but obviously she didn't do everything we asked her to do.  Em got to explore another home and garden, and then played at a new playground - quite a fancy one with go karts....I took some really sweet photos, I'd like to share them with you.  Looks more like a day with Annie than Emile and Annie.

Oh....this was the funniest....Rod was trying to drink his beer with Emma in his arms, Em kept wanting to grab the bottle and drink from the bottle.  While unsuccessfully trying to stop Emma from grabbing and touching, Rod had no choice but to chug his beer with Emma in his arms....Em thought it was the funniest thing....quite a sweet moment, beer and all (hopefully noone calls social services on us).


Another weekend past, one weekend closer to our little one's birthday!  We hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment