Monday, March 8, 2010

Finding a Way to make a Baby Sleep

This past Saturday we were out at the Outlet Mall for most of the day, which meant hardly any sleep for Emma. I had envisioned how our day would pan out, and of course it did not all go according to plan. Emma was awake from 7am until 6pm, she did not want to know anything about napping while shopping.  Which girl would choose sleep over shopping?

It was by fluke that I got her to nap for a whole 15 minutes. While pushing Emma the sun was shining in her eyes, I automatically blocked it from her, but thought to myself, if I don’t block the sun it’ll force her to close her eyes and just maybe she will fall asleep…and voila…it worked!  Now I know what to do if I find myself in the same situation again,at least Emma gets her beauty sleep and dose of Vitamin D. As my neighbor said, “don’t judge, never say never.”


Other than that, Shan has been with us for a week, and it’s been great. Emma has been getting that extra attention and just loves her Saam-ie. Between Shan’s studies we’ve shown her a bit of NC (shopping), she has requested that we spread out the spending a bit. So yesterday and today we went for a walk around our neighborhood and took Emma to the park for the first time. Emma didn’t show any reaction of enjoying the swing or slide at first, think the sounds of screaming kids around her threw her off a bit.  Today it was only us at the playground so Emma could enjoy the swing and slide all to herself.  I think she's getting used to the idea.



It's so nice that the weather is warming up and we get to spend more time outdoors, so looking forward to the spring weather, minus the sneezing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment