This weekend we had our first family date night. We dined at one of our favorite “special occasions” steakhouse, Flemings, and enjoyed a lovely meal. We had their “Memorable Meal”, a 3-course dinner consisting of Lobster Bisque topped with Lobster Bruschetta for Appetizers, Filet Mignon and Australian Lobster tail for Main with a side of French Green Beans with Shitake mushrooms and Porcini Essence and lastly for Dessert, Warm Pear and Blueberry Tart served with Vanilla Bean Ice-cream. It was DELICIOUS!!!
Fleming’s isn’t your average family restaurant, and even knowing they’d accept babies, I was still worried they might have declined us. It seems somewhat intimidating walking into a restaurant with your baby, and the décor revolves around fine wine and dining and you’re greeted by your last name.
I’m thankful our little angel co-operated so well (how could I have thought otherwise?). Her squeals and banging of toys against the table put me on edge at times as I didn’t want to disrupt the beautiful ambience. Thoughts of the couple next to us having their first date night, or possibly a proposal ran through my mind, people saying, “How could you bring a baby to this type of a restaurant”. But actually with the music, conversation and clanging of wine glasses, Emma's squeals were probably muted. Emma gave us 2 great hours to enjoy our dinner. I’ve realized how fast I eat now and that I take much bigger bites of my food, I may need to go back to school of etiquette and learn how to eat like a lady again.
We got home in time for Emma’s last feed and bedtime, she slept right through until 7:30 this morning. We probably won’t be dining at Flemings anytime soon again. Our “fine dining” will probably be at Macdonalds or something similar which will allow Emma to mess while she feeds herself, and her squeals blend in with the other kids. We had a great evening out just the three of us, we look forward to many more date nights together, be it at MacDonalds or at a place like Flemings.
Helping Daddy select an after dinner drink

No comments:
Post a Comment