I had a few minutes and thought I'd post some pics and a few stories...
So some old news and some new news for some...
A few weeks back (almost a month ago) we got together with our friends Amy and Adam. Reaching the last bit of summer we thought we'd have a nice dinner al fresco... so great now that we can leave the kids and let them play on their own and run around....although maybe I was too busy enjoying chatting with Amy and sipping champagne and Rod and Adam were the ones spotting the kids! Every momma deserves a night off right??
Emma and Ella are such big girls now, so they join us at the adult table, while Addi and Noah sit at their little table...Adam decided to set the tone and added flowers and candle to their table, sweet little dinner date .
I had some fun with the pics I took and made a little slide story...
Then while we were getting the last bits of the meal together before eating we came outside to find the girls wearing our sunglasses and laughing away, having so much fun together. so sweet to see these 2 girly girls grow up with each other...we can just imagine the gossiping they'll be doing in a few years.....we had to follow them with a photo of Amy and I with our shades - like mothers like daughters!
We could not match these faces though
Now with school in full swing (one month already gone by), not a day goes by that Emma does not bring home artwork!Last year I managed to contain it all in one big box, now it's to a point where I HAVE to throw some of the work out (and it's only one month gone by)....I feel so bad, but just keep telling myself...."YOU CAN DO IT! It's just a painting!"
Besides the artwork, Emma is working on writing her alphabet and numbers, they're completing worksheets which is pretty cool, so impressive to see how much these little people know!
Emma loves coming home and pretending to be the teacher.
For the month of September the theme was "All About Me" The kids got to share "Me bags" so they can all learn about each other and feel comfortable talking in front of each other. Apparently Emma was so confident and proud sharing her bag. We received these bags on orientation night (2 nights before school started) I told Emma about it and she immediately got her toys (she had to pick 5 items that were special to her) these sat in her bag for the 2 weeks before it was her turn to be leader of the class and share her bag. I thought after 2 weeks she'd want to change her mind about the items she had in the bag, but no, still wanted to take her torch (to see in dark places), necklace (mom always untangles these), compass ring (so I know where I am), microphone (because I can do whatever I like with it) and another beaded necklace (I got this from a church breakfast) which was actually a dinner for a mardi gras event at church.
At the end of the month we get a collection of more of the classwork they did...and there was one little booklet all about Emma. Emma painted and decorated each page and what I found really special was her family page. Mama and E-Ma will feel very special, as they were the only ones featured next to her mommy, daddy and Addi!
We'll just say she didn't have time to draw the rest of the family, or there was not enough space on the page so no-one feels left out.
This I'll be holding onto for a LONG LONG TIME!!!
![]() |
| The black above the head is hair |
![]() |
| Emma's family... |
![]() |
| Emma's favorite is Purple, so I asked why she chose Blue? Her response, because there was no purple, simple right? |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment