Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday to Addison!



In just a few minutes our little Pumpkin will be a 12 month old (by the time I post this she's already 12 months!!) I still cannot believe how fast this year has flown. To think I pulled this little person to my chest, so helpless, crying, and now still little but such a delight, full of smiles, easy to make laugh, silly, adventurous, demanding (knowing what she wants), cheeky…..all the fun things, all the things that make Addison, Addison/Addi!


It’s funny how you look at your child and think she fits the name so well, no way we could have named her differently.

Addi still seems like a baby compared to when Emma was 1. Maybe I am babying Addi more than I did Emma – guess just savoring it all, as I know we want them to grow up too fast (reaching their milestones) and they do grow up too fast. I’m so amazed how much Addi is learning from Emma, sometimes I find myself relying on that until I see Emma doing something she shouldn’t and Addi following suit!

Just recently the girls have been getting along so nicely! I was a little worried as almost everyday Emma would just be shouting at Addi, pulling things away from her, telling me to take her away. But now Emma has been showing so much love and affection (hugs, nuzzles, head rubbing), concerned about her baby sister and even asking Addi to play with her and sharing her toys. Less shouting and more loving! I'm not complaining, until the next stage.


This past Saturday we had a little party for Addi, so much fun! Emma was so excited that it was Addison’s birthday, singing to her before the party, telling Addi to look at all the decorations for her party etc etc….loved her enthusiasm. Before the guests arrived, Emma was just sitting at the table waiting for this party to begin almost like it was her day. So funny.


I went a little overboard with the baking (baked too much cake), we had way too much food, but everything turned out great. So many crafty ideas out there too just makes you want to try and make everything. Besides eating, the kids got to do a few crafts (make masks and candy corn, color in), we made a pumpkin toss game which the kids enjoyed. All the kids were dressed up, so added even more fun. We had 2 Snow Whites, 1 Cinderella, a Monkey, a Ladybug and of course a Pumpkin!


Addison got her first taste of cake with icing!  I had made a number one cake, we laid that infront of her, thinking she'd go crazy and put her hands in it and smash...instead she daintly picked at the icing and ate the sprinkles one by one....I then took the cake away from her and she cried....so gave her a small piece to eat and she was happy.....yum yum!  I was worried she wouldn't nap after all that sugar, but she and Emma were wiped, way too much fun for such small little bodies!





Here's a link to more photos from the party

Happy First Birthday to our dear little Addison – you have added another level of fun, love and so much joy to our lives, we just love your little ways and big smile, always wins our heart! Stay as sweet as you are!
We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment