Monday, October 1, 2012

11 Months

11 months old today and Addi was digging in the Tupperware cupboard while I was cooking dinner.  And while doing she was saying....dig,dig,dig!  Usually Emma will join Addi digging in the cupboard and say dig, dig, dig.  Obviously Addi was copying what her Karch usually says.....such a great moment to hear, see and remember.   When I got excited Emma came to join Addi and both were saying dig,dig,dig and tossing all the Tupperware out.
First words are always hard to determine.....with the baby sounds you wonder if they mean Dad when saying Da....or does she mean duck?  Well this weekend Addi made it pretty clear she was calling her dad.  She was in my arms when I came downstairs and Addi saw Rod.  She reached out to him and said, "Dad"!  Rod and I looked at each other to make sure we heard correctly.  Obviously dad was beaming ear to ear!
Then bathing last night she was saying "daa" for duck.  Can't believe she's starting to say her words now.  I can see she's definitely trying to copy words that Emma says and not only words but actions....she just wants to do what Karch us doing which is so sweet.
On the way to my Dr appointment this morning Em fell asleep in the car.  Usually when they're both awake Addi will start making these loud raspberry sounds and Emma will follow suit.  So now Emma is asleep and I hear Addi start....no response.  So she does it again and again hears nothing..she leans forward and tries to look at Emma as if to say why aren't you blowing raspberries?  She tries it a few more times each time looking over at Karch for a response.I'm enjoying watch my two girls grow up together.
I've said it before....but
Its so wonderful to see Addi looking up to her big sister ...just amazing how much she is learning from Emma.  We were at the park and Emma was hanging on the monkey bars Addi kept wriggling in my arms wanting me to put her down so she could also play by the bars with her sister.  Before I know it Addi will be running after Emma.  I can and can't wait.
Happy 11 months Addison!





No comments:

Post a Comment