Addi is definitely the more alert baby, awake more than Emma ever was at this age, think Emma was only waking up at this age.
We're on a kind of a schedule - Addison's schedule, having to take each day as it comes and naps as they come. Not yet consistent with her naps, sometimes lasting 10 minutes, other times an hour. Overall a very happy baby. Just love watching her grow, her smiles are forming and every now and again we hear a little, "Eh". We just moved Addi into her own room. So nice to finally have it all set up for her. We've been very fortunate that so far Addi is been a good night time sleeper. For the past week we're been getting a 6 hour stretch from between 8pm and 3am, it's been great. I just need to get to bed earlier and make use of that long stretch of sleep.
Life with two is quite busy and it's only the beginning. Constantly trying to care for both, making sure both kids are happy. Not an easy task. Times I'll just have shushed Addi to sleep, then Emma starts shouting and wakes Addi....or when I'm able to have a little one on one time with Emma, Addi starts crying!
Shannon has been here for almost 3 weeks now, so so wonderful to have her here. Honestly I think I'd still be in my pjs and not have washed my hair for 3 weeks if Shan were not here. We've been spoilt. Great knowing someone is there to entertain Emma while I'm busy with Addi, or hold Addi while I see to Emma. Gives me time too, to think how I'm going to handle these situations when I'm alone. Which ends up me not wanting to think about it just yet.....
Emma seems to be adapting well, she has her moments, but some are hard to say if it's because of Addi, or just being a 2 year old. Our Ped said that the jealousy escalates now, as Emma will realize that this baby is not leaving the house - so we'll see. I do wonder whats going through her mind each day....even tho this little person has stolen some of her time, she's still wanting to hold her sister, help bath her, willing to give Addi some of her toys and books.
Talking ever so much, talking 5 - 6 word sentences. The other day we were at the mall on the top level, Emma caught sight of the kidzone area and did her usual, "whoa!!" when she sees something she really likes. Then asks me, "how do we get down there?? how? how?" I was asking myself how did she know to ask that?? So wonderful to see her face light up when we finally made our way down and she got to run around and play a bit.
| Not quite the lit up face - but a cute pic nonetheless Emma coloring in at her little table |
Happy one month Addi!! and can't believe Emma is 27 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment