Monday, June 20, 2011

A Sister for Emma

So the verdict is in, we are expecting a baby GIRL!


I will admit I was little dissapointed with the news at first and stunned (I really thought I was having a boy), we like most were hoping for one of each. But two girls, a little sister for Emma to grow up closely with, we cannot wait and definitely getting more excited and creating a better bond with baby, who is nameless right now. Thinking of another girls name is hard.

It was quite funny when the technician was looking at baby and she got to the gender part she asked, "You did want to know the gender right?" But while saying that I could already identify it was a girl!

The first thing I said to Rod when we were told the sex was, darn not as much shopping for me as I was hoping!!  Rod's first comment was, I need to buy another shotgun!  Rod's pretty excited to have another girl, I think Emma has given him high expectations! haha.

It's fun knowing what to plan for, we don't talk too much about baby to Emma about baby, but the day before our scan we asked her if she wants a baby sister or brother, she responded with, "sister". Now when we ask if she's having a sister or brother she says, "brother".

On to preparing, sorting and thinking of names.....Lots of hand me downs and so starts the second child syndrome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment