This week stood out, Emma was able to follow the stretch exercises (standing and jumping, then touch the ground, straddle your legs and bend down, etc etc), she's able to jump a bit better on the trampoline (feet actually leaving the surface), walk on the balance beam with assistance, hang from the monkey bar (still not lifting her legs tho, but can hold on), completing the Tree Frog (both hands on the ground and both feet off the ground) and sort of doing the bear crawl (two parrallel bars that Em has to climb up on using all fours and walking across like a bear, she usually walks through, but today she managed to climb up top and just stay there, I'm sure she'll get the walking bit soon). I was amazed how she just arrived in class and did everything she had to do.
I think I was more shocked today when she just went up to the mat and placed her hands on the ground and raised her feet for the Tree Frog - thought to myself, is that my Emma doing that??
Amazing how without you pushing them or always helping them, they can complete a task themself and really surprise you.
Quite appropriate that today was their awards day, all the kids received a certificate and gold medal for the school year.
| Receiving her medal and certificate |
| Our little Tree Frog |
No comments:
Post a Comment