Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby Swim Date


Today we met at Allison's place for our play date, except we thought it might be cute and refreshing to play by the pool.  I thought it was going to be too hot to be out in the sun, as by 9am it's already becoming unbearable.  There was a bit of cloud cover which made it feel somewhat cooler, so we slathered our babies with sunblock, put on their bikinis and hat and hit the pool.  Emma totally LOVED the big pool, she got so excited, kicking and splashing.  Once I knew she was really used to the water I thought I'd try dunk her under the water....and surprisingly she didn't cry, she didn't mind it at all actually, just tried brushing the water out of her eyes.

I think we're going to have to make a few more trips to the pool now - another activity to keep us busy.
It was actually the first time for me to climb into my cozzie since having Emma, quite nice to "swim" again, although definitely time to trade in the string bikini for a mommy bikini...so sad....

Just a few pics from today.....Em was quite the affectionate baby, giving Elise and Emilia hugs and kisses (or at least I like to think she was giving hugs and kisses) - in the photos she looks like a monster, actually she seemed to be showing off a bit today, almost as though she knew she was the big girl.  Normally Ella is the one terrorising Emma, now Emma probably feels she can do the terrorising, although we do show her how to be gentle.  Guess she's just being curious...talking of curious, Allison has a dog, Sophie, a yorkshire terrier type dog.  Emma wasn't phased by Sophie walking around or past her, at one point Sophie was lying next to me and Emma "crawled" over to look at Sophie and tried to touch her nose....Sophie quickly licked Emma's fingers and at that Emma laughed and she proceded to do it again.  Cuteness!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment