Thursday, May 27, 2010

9 Months and counting

123 Wow-Wee!!!  Cam, Cait and Saam-ie would say this and get Emma all excited and it still works.
Our baby is 9 months, just 3 more till she's a year, shew!!
Even tho the months have flown by, thinking back 9 months is quite a long time.
9 month of being a mom and dad to our little girl and she' still thriving, yay for us!! We must be doing something right.

On Monday we went for Emma's 9 month check up and everything is well with her.  Emma is weighing 19lbs (8.6kgs), 28 inches tall and her head circumfrance is 44.5cm.  So definitely growing well.
We're still waiting for her first teeth and for her to crawl.  We've been giving her plenty of floor time, which rolling over is now automatic, and to get to objects she almost screwdrives herself back and forth, and quite easily spins around on her tummy.

Emma has a healthy appetite, eating just about everything we give her.  My home cooking has been going down quite well, opening her mouth for her food even before it's put on the spoon.  I wonder if its guaranteed that if your baby enjoys her food now, she'll always enjoy it and not be a fussy eater?
We've taught Emma to blow her food cold, at times it's more like she's blowing her fringe up in the air.
On Tuesday I gave her, her flute to play with, not thinking she'd know what to do, I told her to blow and she managed to blow a tune.  I think she was just as surprised as I was.  Now her and Justin can start a band.  These two are going to do great things together.

Well I started writing this post yesterday (Wednesday) and didn't get to finish it, since then, just this morning I gave Emma her sippy cup to drink some water, she had been doing pretty well drinking her water, but after blowing her flute she might have got a bit confused,  So after a bit of repitition of telling her to suck and not blow she eventually got it, when she got that bit of water in her mouth it was so funny to see her expression, she just loved it and started laughing.  Funny girl.

Very rarely, do I let Emma sit with me infront of the tv, but this morning I thought I'd catch up on the Idols winner and Emma very easily sat next to me, leaning against me, watched tv and played with her giraffe.  I will say it was such a lovely experience just having her so content to sit there and not budge at all.  I could stroke her head and give her kisses, she wasn't phased at all, reminded me of the days I would let her sleep in my chest.   Special part of my day today.

Guess the developments slow down somewhat, there is such a wide range when things can happen now from the crawling to sitting up, standing up etc.  Every month just seems to get better and better, minus the difficult diaper changes.  Right now we just love how she's understanding things, like when we say Ta and she loosens her grip of her toy, when we're changing her and she's holding a toy in one hand, we'll say Ta other hand and she'll switch hands so we can put her arm through the sleeve, when it's eating time and I have to place the tray on the chair, I say hands up and her hands go up.  Clapping and waving gets a bit confusing for her, she'll hear people clap or cheer or I'll say clap and she'll clap, but when I tell her to wave, she claps too.  Something to work on.  Playtime is great as we get so many giggles out of her, we can do tickles and throw her up in the air, all those fun things.   The words Whoopsie-Daisy gets a few chuckles out of her.  And for the first time today Emma expressed fear.  Our iRobot (robot vacuum cleaner) was cleaning the floors, Emma was terrified and just clung to me, watching the iRobot very closely, cringing as it came closer to her.  Even though I don't want her to be afraid of something like that, which I know she'll get used to it very soon, it was a good feeling knowing she feels secure with her mommy. 

I love this baby so much.

2 comments:

  1. "Whoopsie daisy" also got some giggles out of Justin...wonder what it is?
    Also, the vacuum cleaner...Justin hates it and is terrified yet fascinated by it at the same time. Apparently, at this age they do get frightened by it.
    Last but not least, not sure if it's cos Justin's teething again or if it's cos he's a bit sick but he's gone off my food :( mind you, he's gone off all food in general, so..... your guess is as good as mine.
    Keep the updates coming and happy 9 months old Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tash!
    Emma spent most of the morning staring at the vacuum and then looking at me for reassurance. else moaning, eh eh for me to pick her up, worried it might come for her.
    hope justin gets back onto his foods again!

    ReplyDelete