Thursday, October 8, 2009


I never thought having a baby would be difficult...well not the having but the looking after and caring. You don't hear moms talk about the difficult first few months, and it had me wondering if I was the only one having a hard time getting through this, and does this make me a bad and incapable mom?

It has been reassuring that I'm not alone, as I speak with more people that have had babies, I hear they've all gone through the same emotions and phases. So shew...it's not just me!

They all say it gets a lot easier...I'm 7 weeks in and I have to say that it feels as though it's getting easier, but I say it with hesitation as I do not want to jinx myself. We've been out and about in the car, going to restaurants with succesful feedings when called for. Emma loves the car rides and seems to sleep through the hum of restaurant noise.

Despite the "hard times", everyday brings such delight seeing and holding Emma. You kind of overlook the hard times. There are so many things that I love about her - her tiny breathes on my cheek when she rests her head on my shoulder, her little snorts when she cries, how her tears squirt out (I think due her tear ducts still forming), her whole hearted cry as though her world is coming to an end, how her hair raises as she pushes to make her #2, the way she places her delicate hands one above the other when she sleeps....the list can go on....She's growing before my eyes and just everything about her amazes me.

Emma is definitely more alert these days, her smiles are happening more frequently than before, she's starting to "talk" more, and she's able to track things, I love it when her eyes follow me, makes me feel special. Today I noticed her eyelashes are appearing, hope they grow, grow, grow, although between Rod and I we don't have long eyelashes, so it's wishful thinking. Now don't laugh, but I tried to capture her eyelashes...



We're going through our 2nd growth spurt tonight it seems, feeding every 2 hours. So thought between feeds I'd update our blog.

This past week we had our next visitor, Kerwin. He mainly came out to see the U2 360 Tour, just happened that Emma was around too for him to meet..hehe. It was really great seeing him again and have him meet Emma, aswell as share some of his ideas and insights on baby, since he's experienced having a baby just over a year ago. We managed to take him around and see a bit of NC, also got to eat a good amount of BBQ, definitely BBQ'd out now.



Rod left for Hong Kong for 10 days - it's only been 2 days home alone with Emma.
Definitely miss having daddy around, but so far we're managing, just nights like tonight are tiring. Why am I blogging then you ask when I should be sleeping...??
Before Rod left he got me my favorite cake from Guglhupf, early celebration for my upcoming birthday, the BIG 3-0!!! Goodness, 30, married and a mom!



Fall is here, weather is cooling down quite a bit. So right now I'm trying to get Emma to wear as many of her summer outfits as possible, sad to think she'll never be able to wear them again. This is one of my favorite outfits.



Well best I get some shut eye, a few more minutes before the next feed. Until the next update...Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Just can't get enough of little Emma. She is just too precious and now that she's starting to be aware of things around her and her little smiles and facial expressions are just too adorable. Not too long now before Daddy comes home, but well done on handling all on your own so far Anths! keep up the blogging but also try and get some sleep! lots of luv Mich xxxx

    ReplyDelete