Our baby is One Month old already....it's crazy how time has flown.I don't know if I can even remember what I've done this past month, besides change poopy diapers, feed, feed, feed and survive on 4 hours of sleep or less.
I think my body is now used to no sleep or having to wake up in bright eyed and bushy tailed mode when Emma wakes in the middle of the night.
Quite amazing to see how quickly babies grow, Emma is already giving little smiles, baby coos and gurgling, her legs are now touching the bed/chair when I feed her, and my arms are getting tired from carrying her - she's putting on good weight.
At her one month check up she weighed in at just under 9lbs (3.9kgs) and has grown 2 inches longer.
We hit some hurdles during our first month, like Emma's refusal to breastfeed for 2 weeks after giving her a bottle. With help from a lactation consultant and perseverence we have managed to get the breastfeeding back to where it should be.
Other things like blood in her diaper, gunky eyes, bloody umbilical cord, had us rush to the Dr, always to be told that it's all normal.
Other happening this past month...Mom & Dad made a trip out and spent 3 weeks with us, later Aunty Ang, Uncle Kev and Moi joined for a week. It was so great having them spend time with us and getting to know little Miss Emma. Mom took great care of us with her cooking, cleaning and night time reliefs. Thanks mom and dad! Nothing better than having family around, just gives you that sense of reassurance too.
We were all together to celebrate Emma's Mun Yuet (one month celebration), just a small family dinner, red eggs, pork trotters and seeyow chicken - yum yum.
Emma was spoilt by everyone - time just went by too quickly, just as we got used to everyone being around, they all had to leave.
Now its' just Rod, Emma and I - the house is really quiet. We're looking forward to our next visitor/s though- Kerwin, followed by Charmaine, then Rod's family. Going to be a busy few months. Just so lucky to have family come out and visit.
Wonder what the next month has in store for us...we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:
Post a Comment