Monday, May 18, 2015

New Home!!



This post is way overdue!  I had in mind to put together this pretty little slideshow with the progression of our new home, how we saw it being built from the ground up, but life gets crazy and there are so many things to do!  Moving house is a big job and doesn't just end once you're moved in. The unpacking, the storing, issues that pop up that need to be seen to, and obviously you go crazy with wanting to decorate the entire home ASAP!  I wish we had unlimited funds, and more hours in the day!!!!


So before it's real old old news...we have built and moved into our new home!
We signed out papers a month ago already!  Time flies.  From Durham, we moved to the Town of Apex - the Peak of Good Living!  A railroad town, and said to be the highest point, or I guess peak, where the railroads meet!  We hear the trains on a daily basis, which I was worried about the noise, but now it's become background noise.

A 6 month process, a lot quicker than we thought, and we have one beautiful home, (if I say so myself).  So great we had some personal choices, so it really feels like the home we've always wanted!  We had a wonderful construction manager, so it all went pretty smoothly.
The girls still ask to see the old house, but I think they're feeling at home now.  A week after being in our new home, Addison said one night, "Please can we go to our home!"  Guess in her mind she felt we'd just come for a holiday!

We couldn't have had the timing work out better, we were really so lucky and blessed the way things worked out.  We are able to enjoy summer in our home before school starts  in August  Our choice to move, was mostly based on schools, we really wanted a stable option for the girls and not have to worry about applying through a lottery system and hope to get into a school and then not even have a good back up base school to go to if the lottery didn't work out.  Last year, Emma was able to start Kindergarten and we applied to all the charter and magnet schools but got into none.  It was disheartening.  So we placed Emma in a Transtional Kindergarten class, which I'm so glad we did, it's really helped her mature more in all aspects.  This week is our last week of preschool for Emma - can't believe we're at this point already!   I'll be happy to be done with 40 minute commute to her school every morning but sad that preschool is done.  We had wonderful teachers that have really helped prepare the kids for their next big adventure!

Emma got accepted in a year round school assigned to our neighborhood for her Elementary years. We were really hoping for this (we had to apply through a lottery system, this time I wasn't upset if we didn't get in, I knew our base school was a good option too.)
She'll begin school in August.
I found a preschool for Addison, which feels like a good fit, Addi is excited about the start of her new adventure, getting practise carrying her sister's backpack into class most days and Emma has been talking to her about preschool and what she'll be doing, so definitely getting some preparedness from her big sister!

Here are some pics of different stages on the house being built.


progression of the stairs





We're excited to have some family visit this year!  You're all welcome to visit any time, our doors are always open to you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment