So Summer Break is done!!! What a great summer it was. Lots of time spent at the pool - my goal was to spend plenty of time at the pool so the girls could learn to swim. So that, along with lessons really helped and I'm proud to say that Emma can swim an entire length of our neighborhood pool all by herself! Addi still needs to learn to lift her head or roll onto her back to catch a breath, but she's diving for rings and swimming at the shallow end and just loving it!
This summer we managed to find some fun activities to do, like Gem Stone Mining, a day trip to the beach, exploring Three Bear Acres where we did some tobogganing and other fun outdoor activities, playdates with friends and visiting parks, a trip to California and Toronto...busy busy busy!
Now suddenly we have to get back into a routine.....Emma's Preschool is back in session!!
Emma is attending the TPK (Transitional Pre Kindergarten) 5 day 5 class, after last year (Emma had a hard time understanding why she had different teachers to the year before), I was apprehensive of how she'd do, adjusting to new teachers again and just having returned from Toronto yesterday! But I was so impressed by her confidence, waking up excited to go to school, walking into class like she knew it, looking at the dress up stuff, sitting down at the drawing station and drawing a rocketship! Emma gave Addi and I a hug and kiss goodbye and that was it! I know Emma's going to do so well this year and I feel even more confident about our decision to give her another year in preschool.
We asked Emma about her day, and she said her happiest part of the day was going to school, but her saddest was not spending the whole day with Addison!! So sweet! Their bond has definitely grown stronger this summer, they still definitely have their squabbles, but for the most part they seem to enjoy each other's company and need each other to play.
When I had dropped Emma off at school, I felt the same way as I did dropping her off the very first time she attended preschool - you'd think after year 3 I'd be used to it. Guess now it's the pride and relief that your child is happy and I am happy!
Addi's been asking to go to school, but she'll get one more year with me, then start when she's 3 almost turning 4! We had a good day of doing activity books and riding her scooter, I get to have some good quality time with her while kaach is in school and then I get some quiet time with Emma when Addi takes her afternoon nap.
To our frist day of the last year in Preschool....
![]() |
| this bag was once so huge on her back |
![]() |
| finding her hook |
![]() |
| Dress Up |
![]() |
| Drawing/Writing station |
![]() |
| Emma wrote this is at school, but her teacher told her not to do the block letter like the E Funny enough she saw us writing that way this weekend for the wedding and she copied what she saw. |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment