Such a fun day, and each year gets better as Emma understands what Valentine's is all about!
This was the first time we had a "class project", Emma had to make valentines for all the class mates. Emma chose pencil toppers from Michaels that she wanted to make. She did pretty well making each one and clearly stated who she was making it for. Last minute I decided that we should probably make Valentines cards, instead of just attaching a tag on it with a name. So another trip out to Michaels (which I really didn't mind, that store is BAD!), I decided to buy some glitter, had visions of making glitter hearts and sticking them on the front of the card with each childs name.
Glitter was a bad idea, firstly, in the store, Addison asked for the container to hold. Me, thinking it was sealed and unable to open, gives it to Addi and as I'm walking through the store I feel crunch, crunch under my feet. I look down and see glitter on the floor, and think, "gosh someone dropped glitter, must have happened while unpacking or so" and "thats horrible to have to clean up".
I get to the counter to pay and handing all the items to the cashier, I take the glitter from Addi, the container is EMPTY!!!!!! that glitter I stepped over, was from my CHILD!!! The cashier saw the container was empty...and said I could get another...she then realized what happened and she asked me, "did it spill all over the store??" Me very shy and embarrassed, "Yes". They were cool about it.
Oh Addi - clearly her hands are stonger than I thought....she can apparently open screw top containers!!!
Which company puts glitter in containers without any seals???
So that was clearly of sign of what was to come....secondly, at home, while creating the hearts and letting a 3 year old sprinkle and spread the glitter, it was quite a messy affair. I think I vacuumed 4 times and there was still glitter all over the kitchen floor, counter and table.....
Emma grew tired and I had to do the finishing touches.
I tried to make it fun for the girls and Rod - I made them cards, and bought them little gifts, hung a few decorations around the kitchen table. I just love seeing Emma's reaction when she sees things like that....so appreciative and happy! We made a special packed lunch and had lunch with Rod at his work - Emma loves this! When we got home, Emma saw I had put a small bunch of flowers by her place setting at the kitchen table, she walks in the house, see's this and said, "are these for me mom?" When I said yes they are, she responded with, "Thank You mom, I love them so much, picked them up and started smelling them!"
We had a simple dinner at home, ate by candle light with the girls and had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Good excuse to indulge a little!
| lunch bags |
![]() |
| waiting for daddy to finish on his call |
![]() |
| boardroom lunch |
Just a great day for some extra spoiling and having fun and also being appreciative for all the love that we get to share with our girls and family!
![]() |
| Emma's Valentines |










No comments:
Post a Comment