Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Feeding Addison

From not blogging for a while, to 3 in one week! 

I put this very amateur video together of Addison's transition of feeding for the family to see.

I decided with Addison I'd start her later on solids, later being 6 months compared to 4 months with Emma.  My reason, just that Emma suffered with eczema, and I never knew if the food was the cause, and if so, no particular food was ever really evident.  Also I just wanted to enjoy my little baby for a little longer, and to fit in feeding solids along with our existing everyday routine, just seemed like something extra to have to do, so I wasn't in any rush.....  Until I started the solids and saw that Addi wasn't enjoying the food, gagging everytime I tried to give her puree's. 

She took longer to take to eating than Emma, so I began to worry if I left it too late.  Also worried about what to feed her because she seemed so picky (only wanting vegetables and no fruit, and then things like bread, which I was then worried about the wheat allergy), even tho I knew that the solids weren't her main source of nutrition and learning to eat takes time.

Feels like it took so long to where we are now, but Addi is now getting used to feeding herself when I give her fingerfoods and eats well from the spoon now too.  She loves her food, moaning for first bite and for more.  There was a stage where she would only eat from my fingers and refused the spoon.  Now at least she uses her own fingers and I can feed her with a spoon.

So just snippets of video, of Addison eating - her facial expressions sometimes, says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment