Thursday, May 10, 2012

Part of the 5 Month Update

This post has been sitting in my draft folder forever now......Addi is now 6 months and so much more to catch up on....

Thought I'd just post what I had written anyways, some cute things that the girls had been up to, some of them I even forgot.




Where is this year going?  Life seems so busy. Busy with the little things, little things that take up a lot of time, I'm not just talking about the kids, but errands and other activities.

I can hardly believe Addison is 5 months old now.  She's a roller, rolling back to front and front to back (right to left), we really have to keep our eye on her now.  Occassional thumb sucker, when she can't find her paci.  And cheeky!  Cheeky but cute!
She's loves the attention, leave her in the room alone and you'll just hear her shouting, like hey people, I'm here, where have you gone?  It's quite funny.
When she started rolling, it didn't help with her sleep, kept waking her up because she became stuck. Now sleeping on her tummy is her favorite position.  Quite a nervewreckingt thing in the beginning, wondering if she can breathe, if she's comfortable, but everytime I would put her on her back, she'd roll right back onto her tummy, moaning and tossing and turning until she was comfortable again.
It's quite interesting to see Addi's developments and comparing to Emma.  With Emma I was always in her face, trying to get her to reach her milestones, with Addi, I've left her to her own devices and she's reached the milestones on her own and even sooner than Emma.
Glad to say we're now getting 8 - 9 hour stretches with Addison, and have not had to deal with a crying it out session - YET!
Emma provides encouragement for her little sister, telling her to roll over, and teaching her how to play with certain toys.  I love watching how caring and nuturing Emma is to her baby sister.
The lastest thing that Emma enjoys doing is racing Addi up the stairs, but when we come down, she has to hold her hand.  Every now and again while playing, Emma will just lean over and give Addi a kiss - really melts your heart.  I hear things change when the youngest starts crawling and grabbing things, so it'll be interesting to see if Emma will still be so caring and nuturing in a few months time.
I had taken some of Emma's old teething toys and gave them to Addi.  Emma became quite possesive over these toys, even tho she hadn't played with them in such a long time, however today was a different story, I gave Addi one of Emma's toys from her Doctor set, obviously Addi put it to her mouth.  Emma caught a fit, grabbed the toy away from Addi and told her not to bite it, then replaced it with the teething toys!  So I guess now that means the teething toys are now Addi's!

Emma is growing up so fast, my little princess.  And that is what she's into these days, all the Disney princesses, her favorite right now, Ariel.  She says she's Ariel, Mommy is Prince Eric, Daddy is King Tryton and Addi is baby Addison, sometimes Flounder.   I didn't want Emma to get into the princesses, but I guess Disney knows how to lures the kids in.   Emma will hold her top or skirt and walk up the stairs - I don't know if it's to imitate the princesses, or to help her balance without holding onto the rail?  She'll even brush her hair and hold her hair while she brushes it and says she's brushing her hair like Jasmine.  I guess you can tell we let her watch alot of Disney.

Well hopefully the 6 month update will follow shortly.......in the meanwhile some photos from March


My two special girls
Deep conversation
One on One with Daddy!

Dinner with the Gilberts, Emma and Ella

Dinner with the Gilberts, Addi and Noah (10 months old)

No comments:

Post a Comment