It's official we have a 2 year old on our hands!
We had a wonderful party with just 5 of Emma's friends. Such a small party, yet it felt like it took a bit of preparation. Maybe the pregnancy adds to it??
Felt a bit bad, as I had the party all planned, but on her actual day I didn't really do anything special for or with her, instead took Emma on errands and in the evening left her with Dad as I had to go to my last cake decorating class - left dad to blow candles and eat cake with the birthday girl. I did take her to Toys R Us to spend the birthday voucher she received. Quite sweet, Emma got a crown and meant to have received a balloon, but they ran out. Then they proceeded to make an announcement that someone special was in the store, and if you see Emma walking around with her birthday crown, please be sure to wish her Happy Birthday. As the store associates walked past they would wish her. My eyes just welled up hearing this announcement - my little girl is growin too fast!
Emma felt special and loved walking around the store with her crown - as for trying to select a gift -"buy this, buy this" - it took us about an hour to finally settle on something, a Disney wooden puzzle 4 in 1.
A very special moment - Cameron and Caitlyn connected on Skype and sang Happy Birthday to Emma, Emma loved their singing and frantically asked me for her birthday crown I made for her. By the time she found it and put it on, they were done singing, so we asked them to sing again. Emma was dancing around and so happy. A priceless moment.
With Emma's reaction to the decorations on the day of her party, the reaction to her birthday gift from mom and dad, and then the Happy Birthday song by Cam and Cait - made everything worthwhile.
As I mentioned we organised a small get together on Sunday with just a few of Emma's friends. Trying to think of a theme or idea of what to do for Emma, the one day I asked what Emma wants for her birthday, she proceeded to tell me cupcakes and a pooh hat. That got me going and I started searching for ideas, I felt ambitious to try a fancy Pooh Bear cake as I did cupcakes last year - I found all these fancy cakes, and I was thinking how am I going to get this done. I'm glad I came across cake decorating classes offered at Michaels which I quickly signed up for and started learning. Ended up being great, as I got to get out the house on Monday nights and do something by myself, and dad got 1 on 1 time with Emma. Each Monday night Rod got to sample cake, and Tuesday mornings Emma got to see flowers and other cool stuff made with icing. All she wanted to do was "Emma eat, Emma dip".
Emma finally got full reign to dip her fingers in her birthday cake and got to eat as much as she wanted on her day. She loved it, it seemed, and that made me happy.
Emma got so spoilt by her friends, also by family and friends that sent over gifts. Emma couldn't wait to open her gifts - we spread the gifts out, so I think Emma still thinks it's her birthday!
And just as I finished up with the cake decorating classes last night, we had Emma saying "Bye Mama" even before I was ready to leave, with no tears!
Well here are a few special pics of Emma's birthday party......






No comments:
Post a Comment