Happy 20 Months Emma! shuwee...another month flown by!
Can't believe just 4 more months until our little one turns 2, it's crazy. Just yesterday Emma gave me a glimpse of whats to come with the terrible twos! Can't say I'm looking forward to it! It's crazy to see your child so out of control, and you can't reason, talk, or do anything, except let her kick and scream until she has let it all out! There was definitely a point where I wished I could scream the way she did! I thought the tantrum would stop after 10 minutes or so, but it was about 10 minutes plus a 20 minute drive home that this lasted. Boy was that ride home fun! Sounds cruel, but while driving, thinking what can I do to calm her down, I let the windows down and let the wind blow on her a bit, it worked, but for just a few minutes, then it was, no no no! and the screaming started all over again. Eventually she screamt herself to sleep! An hour and a half of quietness. I felt so tired after her episode.
Glad to say that we see more of her better days, than yesterday. Goodness, think I'd be a wreck if this happened on a frequent basis! While this was all going on, I had to call Rod and tell him to listen to his daugther, because if I had to tell him about it in the evening, he'd think, "what, not my Emma!".
Fun times!!
So 20 months, and what has Emma been up to? Big thing this past month is Emma's increase in vocabulary, still alot of babble, but she's saying more words, copying a lot of what we say. This morning I read one book and she was able to finish off the sentences for me, quite cute. Her friend Rohan does this quite well, so I thought let me try with Emma and to my surprise she knew the words. Her latest words, ice, melt, duck (actually saying duck and not quack quack), distinguish between hot and cold, up and down, there are always times where she'll just say something, and you're like hey, thats cool!
Everything is Emma, Emma Emma - what is your name? Emma, what does this say? "Emma", Who is a monkey? "Emma" Whats the magic word, "Emma"
I keep saying I must jot down all her words and things she says, but obviously I forget to do that. It's funny hearing her say certain words and it sounds like curse words. Instead of cup, we hear "kak" and then this morning we get Emma from her crib, she had unzipped her gro, and said, "oh no!", then what sounded like, "oh sh&t!", I think she was saying "zip". Rod looks at me and says, "thats you!". Funny how all the bad things she does are apparently my bad habits!
Em still loves to help around the house, saying, dust, sweep, wash (when I wash the rice, or is she wants me to wet her sponge so she can wash her dishes), she'll also come running and say "help", when she hears me unloading the dishwasher. She loves hanging the cutlery, such concentration to get the utensils on the hooks tho.
Tea Party's with Pooh bear is her favorite, feeding Pooh everything from cake, to bananas, oranges, the one day I said to her, Pooh Bear says thank you for giving him all this food, so Emma goes up to Pooh and takes his hand and makes the sign of Thank You. More funny moments.
We started Emma at gymnastic classes. We go on Saturday mornings, which is nice because Rod can join us and see how she interacts, what she does, and how her confidence levels improve as she gets used to a class. Her first class, she walked onto the gym floor like she knew the place, and made herself at home. She loves the trampoline (jumping only lifting one leg at at a time), and slowly getting used to the balance beam and bars to hang from, altho as soon as she feels the weight of her body she lets go! Lazy girl.
We purchased Emma's first pair of sunglasses, she loves them. Took to them a lot quicker than I thought. We've been reading this one book which shows a whole lot of kids at the beach, and I ask her to point out all the people wearing sunglasses, probably that is why she was so excited to wear them. I asked her how her new sunglasses were, and she responded with, "Dark".
Just last week, Rod's cousin Gavin came and visited for the weekend, it was great seeing him and so wonderful seeing Emma with family. She took to Gavin so well, and it was as though she remembered who he was, giving him a big hug and kiss when he arrived. It's amazing how one just knows family. We see Rod's sister, Sharon next Thursday, we travel to Boston to meet her. We're looking forward to seeing Sharon and exploring a new city. Emma gets to see more family, yay!
Well another great month of Emma. One night I asked Rod, "What would we do if we didn't have Emma?" Without hesitation, his response was, go on vacations, watch more movies, buy a new car, play more golf, want me to carry on?? and rambled on more things. Emma even though your dad says silly things like this, we don't know what we would be doing, but we'd definitely be missing out on you and so fortunate and blessed to have perfect little you in our lives. Just please stop growing so fast!!! We love you oh so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment