Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Emma's 19 Months
Another month gone by.....this time I'm on schedule, blogging on the right date!
The word of the month has been, "Ma, Ma, Ma" Yes, thats ME, Mommy!!!
I thought the clinginess got better with time, not worse! Even though tiring after hearing it the whole day while playing with her, trying to clean house, make dinner, it's really cute hearing "Maaaa", being called out in the middle of Costco, when I quickly run down one aisle to grab something and Dad is pushing her in the cart. Emma hasn't been a lover of Daddy too much this part couple of weeks, breaks his heart! If I hug Daddy, she pushes me away so she can hug me, then when Daddy hugs me, she gets angry and pushes Daddy away. I'm sure just another phase she's going through. I do worry that it's possibly because I spend too much time with her??
Maybe I blog too much about the good times with Emma, I forget about the "bad" times. This blog today seems pretty appropriate.
Today was an eventful day of her turning 19 months. Emma woke in her normal happy disposition. Always greeting us with smiles, followed by her crawling in her crib and saying "Baba", then walking/jumping around and falling over saying, "Whoa", then grabbing all her dolls and blankets, before we can take her out and get our morning kisses. I tried to change her in to her clothes for the day. She was happy for me to put on her pants, but did not want her pajama top off, so we left it at that. She had her morning milk, but with being a little sick, she's still got a bit of phlegm and coughed up her milk. The exact same spot she deposited milk on when she was 3 months, except this time it's full cream milk and not breast milk, Yugh!!! (Cleaning recommendations appreciated).
So we got changed again after a bit of breakfast and just before heading out to run a few errands. We had the battle of the shoes, all excited about her wearing a new pair of shoes, she wanted nothing to do with them. So we settled for her regular shoes. Errands were fine, no hassles there.
We drive home and I entertain Emma with a video on my iphone in order to keep her awake, so we can get home and have some lunch. (Emma is really good at falling asleep in the car) 5 minutes before reaching home, she has another coughing episode in the car and sounds like she brought something up again, I tell her not to worry, we'll be home in 5 minutes then I'll clean her up. She hands me the phone then shortly falls asleep!!! "No!!!!"
Thinking she will take a short nap now, because she hasn't had lunch, I hope she'll wake when I take her out, picturing in my mind we'll have lunch, go to the park as she'll have had her second wind, then have a nice afternoon nap. Ended up Emma napping on our bed for 2 hours!! Yay!! Mom got a nap too!
We have lunch, then get ready to go to the park. Emma had a long sleeve top on, because it was so hot outside I wanted to change her to a tshirt. She wanted nothing to do with that, but she did want to wear her new shoes! "Seriously!" We got to the park, we sit on the swing for 20 minutes, then at the top of the slide for another 20 miuntes without wanting to go down. Eventually she decides to go down still taking her time, sitting on the edge, there's a little boy waiting for Emma. He decides to give her a nudge with his foot and she falls! Tears and all, we leave the playground and go home. We blow bubbles to make things better, she then eyes the sidewalk chalk and wants to draw, so we draw. While she's doing that I decide to sweep the garage, she wants to particicpate in this chore too. A few sweeps in she wants to take off her top, moaning and pulling at it. So I take it off. I try put on her tshirt, but no she doesn't this, so I have a half naked toddler sweeping our garage. Eventually she allows me to put on her t-shirt. She then wants to water the garden with her new watering can. Another fun activitity, especially when Emma doesn't want the water to come out of the watering can! She gets upset!, so she pretends and makes the sounds, silly girl! She then wants to draw again and blow bubbles, I say No, I want to go inside now. I try get her inside and she throws a tantrum for a good 15 minutes. Eventually calms down and wants her water and some crackers, and wants to watch, "Baa", Timmy Time.
Emma has dinner and cleans plate, Daddy comes home and it's this sweet cock of the head and big smiles, like, "I've been a good little girl the entire day Daddy!" Dad had the car serviced, so we swapped cars for the day, while we switched the car seat around, Emma got to play around in the car, which brought about another tantrum when it was time to go inside. She asks for milk, which we give her and I just hope she doesn't cough it up again. I take a seat on the steps, while I wait for her to finish so we can go upstairs and bath. She takes a seat next to me. She then sees her Pooh Bear seat and wants to sit there, so she goes and sits and bounces around on it. Then comes back to where I am, and instead of just sitting next to me, tries to get comfortable resting against the front of my legs, then stands up again and tries to find another spot, this time sitting to the left of my legs, then wrapping her one arm around my leg and resting her head against it and finishes her milk, "minish". Thats when I forget about the crazy day we had, all the whining and crying, and just treasure that moment, kiss her hand and tell her mommy loves her so much! I guess that is when I also forget about the "bad" times, so when I get around to blogging I only remember the good times!
I hold Emma's hands to go upstairs, each step she takes, she says, "Upstairs". Emma has a bath, we read stories, have our cuddles, then sleep time!
Happy 19 Months Emma, here's hoping I or we survive the rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment