Sunday, January 24, 2010

EMMA IS 5 MONTHS OLD















Our baby is another month older...I was just thinking that each month I cannot wait for Emma to reach her next milestone and now when I blog about it all, I just wish time could slow down a bit and that she didn't grow so fast. But of course we want our little one to keep on growing.....

I managed to write quite a bit about Emma's progressions in my previous post when Rod's parents left. Since then, she's carried on her own ways, exploring her "voice" and speaking differently on the days she feels like expressing herself.  At every diaper change her feet are in the air and she's grabbing at them.  Quite funny when I put her down for her naps, I'll check up on her every once in a while and all I see are these two little feet in the air, if we're downstairs we can hear her thuds as she brings them down, else her hands knocking on her mattress or crib. Times like that you just want to sweep her in your arms and smother her with hugs and kisses, then you remind yourself of the consequences if you did that  This past week Emma has started turning in her crib, the one morning Rod found Emma width ways in her crib, the other day I found her head where her feet were. It's a little scary because we have a blanket in the crib and at times find it over her face as she's moving around so much or she pulls it  overherself (she loves her soft blankets and puts it over her face to fall asleep). Even though she sleeps in her sleepsack I still feel she needs a blanket for extra warmth. What is that next invention after the sleepsack to prevent this?

We're back on schedule regarding her day time naps, yesterday we got a 3 hour nap out of her - who would have thought I'd get so excited about sleep. The one nap we're battling with is the 5:30/6:00pm nap when we're slightly off schedule - because it's dark I think Emma thinks it's night time and refuses to nap, I've tried leaving the lamp on, but doesn't help. We shall persevere and hope it'll come right, just like everything else.  So after our attempts and her refusal to sleep we're left with a baby that hasn't slept for 3-4 hours, that when it comes to bedtime after she's had her bath and passed to momma for her feed, one sip and she's out for the count. I have a fun time pinching, tickling and finding other ways to keep her up to finish her feed. Silly girl.

What else...oh, talk about being excited about sleep, I never ever thought I'd get so excited about poop. Emma still battles a bit with her tummy, not going for 2 - 3 days, but when she clears her system she really lets us know and it's pretty much music to MY ears...crazy I know.

Last night we invited Amy, Adam and Ella over for tea, they live down the road from us - I actually met Amy at Smartmomma through her baby registry, quite a nice coincidence that she lives on the same street as us. Ella was due two weeks prior to Emma, but made her entry into the world a little earlier than that. Most times when we get together either one of the girls are sleeping so they don't get too much play time. Yesterday wasn't any different, of all days Emma chose to sleep her 3 hour nap, had me checking up on her making sure she was still breathing or that the blanket wasn't over her face.
The girls got a bit of play time between naps and gave us adults the chance to socialize. It was a great afternoon.

We got some great shots of the girls, it's really so sweet to see them sussing each other out, pulling each others bibs, almost poking each ones eye, one time Emma was grabbing Ella's top as if to say,"come here".

Here are some of my favourite pics:


This photo was funny, as I took this Emma looked at me an gave me this smile.


Ella sussing out Emma


Our munchkins


Already gossiping,


What's up there?


Lets dance!


Amy and the girls


It's all about the mouth these days.

Another great month with Emma....can't believe we've made it this far and she's still thriving.
Things we'll be working on this upcoming month, rolling over and sitting without support.

Motherhood has been quite the adventure, after the first 2 months I was wondering how I'd make it to 5 months, and here we are.  Not as romantic and easy as it seems.  Despite the hard times, the good times definitely outweigh them.  There are still times I look at Emma and think, gosh she's ours.  Our friend Paolo even mentioned that it's weird seeing us with a baby, like it's not real, we've just got a doll.  When she doesn't want to sleep, I know it's real!

Well thats our update for today......Happy 5 Months Emma!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! It's so nice to see how babies notice other babies.

    ReplyDelete