Monday, November 23, 2009

3 Months


Emma is now 3 months old. This newborn stage is going way too quickly.

Is this really the last month that I can spoil her by letting her sleep on my chest or rock her to sleep. All the fun things are about to begin where she can associate things, know what will get mom and dads attention, although it feels like she knows how to do that already. Some mornings she'll just give out a yelp, like hey mom and dad just letting you know I'm awake, you can pick me up anytime you're ready. She's pretty content lying in her crib, although there are days where she'll cry, mainly due to a stuffy nose.

Just last night I was thinking of the early days, which seem a bit of a blur to me. I sometimes wonder how I made it this far. Quite amazing how your body adapts to everything and you do eventually learn and go with your instinct.
I look back at Emma's pics taken at 5 days old, to think she was that small and just slept, now so much more alert, chubby thighs, talking and smiling. It definitely becomes more rewarding as she grows. Baby's are just an amazement, all these books that mention the stages of baby's and I watch Emma as we tick off all the things that she should be doing at this age....baby's just seem to know what they need to do. I'm just here to provide the milk and change diapers it seems, Emma leads the way. How do baby's know it's been 3 hours since their last feed, but like on the dot.

For the past 4 nights, 3 of them Emma slept for 8 hours straight in a row, to wake at about 4am or 5am for her feed and then would sleep again until about 7am or 8am. Last night however she went back to her 6 hour, 3 hour, 3 hour....I must say my body battled with that change, amazing how quick my body was able to adapt to the 8 hour waking and really struggled at the 6 hour waking. My body was spoilt for those 3 nights. Rod had to help me out.

Emma is not a good napper during the day, if we're lucky she'll go down for an hour at each of her naps. Lately the arms seem to wake Emma, we swaddle her, yet she manages to wriggle her way out and get her hands free, only to upset herself and not be able to sleep. We need to figure out a way to stop that from happening, feel bad always wrapping her hands to her sides. We try leave her to cry and self soothe, but that doesn't always work. We tend to give in easily when we hear her crying even though we know she's just trying to sleep. We'll figure out a way that works, eventually. If anyone reading this has advice, please share.

What else has 3 months brought....just more and more love. Mommy and Daddy love to hang out with Emma. We're just happy to be at home and chillax, this grey rainy weather helps with that too. I've finally packed away the newborn clothing and 0-3's, so many cute outfits that she can't wear anymore. If our second chid is a boy, poor thing might just have to be happy wearing pink!! Actually the other day Rod mentioned that if we were to have another child, he doesn't know how he'll share the love! That, we'll cross when we get there. Everything is about Emma and I guess that is how it should be, Rod's birthday is coming up and I asked him what he would like to do, he said anything that Emma wants to do, or that we can do with Emma. How sweet is that?

It's definitely cooling down here in Carolina, all the winter woolies are coming out, and we get to dress Emma in these cute snug outfits. How cute does our little one look? At most we're staying indoors, staying away from the winter bugs.

Well as our little munch continues to grow, we'll keep cherishing every moment with her and be amazed at each new milestone she reaches, these are such exciting times....

No comments:

Post a Comment